background flannel

Thursday, November 10, 2016

New Year, New Building, Still Caught in the Middle

It's been a while and there have been quite a few changes since the last post. I made a career change. I'm in the same profession and the same district but I'm in a different building. After 22 years of teaching middle school, I made the move to high school.

High school is completely different. The building is more than twice the size of  middle school. There are twice the number of students, faculty and staff. Every day is like a pop quiz because there are four years of former students in school with me every day. They all want to know - "Do you remember me?"

I remember all my students. Do I remember all their names?--- not even close. Do I remember their faces, our history together-- you bet. Fortunately, they remember that I have a horrible name memory.

It's been a good move. One I perhaps, should have made sooner, but I'm so glad that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment